FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are The Punter's opening hours ?
- We are open Monday through Saturday 12:00 - 24;00, and Sunday 12;00 - 10.30pm
What are the service hours for food at The Punter ?
- We serve Monday through Friday from 12:00 - 3:00 -- 6:00 - 10:00pm, Saturday and Sunday service runs all day from 12:00 - 10:00pm
Does The Punter take reservations ?
- We take reservations for all our service periods. You can make a booking by calling 01223 363322, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively book through our website here. Although not essential, as we will always do our utmost to find you a table whenever you may choose to come, we do advise booking a table ahead of time so as not to be disappointed during our busy periods. We offer two lovely dinning areas. The Bar area and the Barn. I you have a preference s to where you would like to sit, please don't hesitate to mention it to us when you make your booking and although we can never guarantee it, we will do our best to get you the table that you want.
Does The Punter accommodate larger Parties ?
- Yes ! We always welcome larger parties. Parties over 16 we generally ask that you fill out a pre-order form found here or on our menu pages. This is to ensure that you get the best experience possible at The Punter and will help to make sure that your party is catered for in a timely fashion on the night.
Where can I park near The Punter ?
- The Punter has lots of parking situated right outside our front door on Pound Hill. Parking is however restricted to 2 hours, and the cities parking wardens are vigilant. Parking is free after 5:00pm but the spaces will fill up during these busy periods. Alternative parking can be found on many of the surrounding roads in the area.
Do you accommodate dietary requirements ?
- We always do everything in our power to accommodate dietary requirements. Feel free to ask any of our team what we can offer on the night. For serious dietary requirements we always advise that you contact us in advance so that we can make sure that we can cater something specific to your needs.
How many seats does The Punter have for dinning ?
The Punter can seat 85 between our two dinning areas, and up to 100 in the summer with our beer garden in full swing.
Does The Punter have Wheel chair access ?
- Yes we are fully accessible.
Does The Punter allow children and do you have high chairs or a children's menu ?
- Children are always welcome. We have several high chairs, and although we do not provide a specific children's menu, many of our dishes can be downsized to cater for kids. Please ask on the day what can we can provide from our seasonal menu to keep the little one's happy
Does The Punter have a private function space ?
- Although we do not have a dedicated space for private functions our Barn area can cater for large private functions and a hire charge and minimum spend policy applies. Please contact us by email or phone, or drop in for a chat and we can explain the specifics details of our hire policies further.
How far is The Punter from the center of Cambridge ?
- We are about an 8 - 10 minute walk from the center of the city, and close to all the major tourist attractions, and the river with good access to the local Punting operators. Let us know if your interested in a punt tour before or after you visit us a The Punter as we have a good relationship with several reliable Punt operators who will ensure that you get the best service, and price possible.